Updated: Nov 2, 2018
It’s your Wednesday afternoon class and you check your phone and receive a text from your one of your parent’s: “we’re coming up to visit this weekend!” Your mind instantly goes to panic; but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
First thing’s first, you’ll want to make sure your dorm/house is presentable. Follow this checklist and you’ll be good to go:
1. Laundry – make sure it’s not piled higher than the escarpment
2. Smell – Have someone who doesn’t visit regularly preform a scent test if action needs to be taken I recommend Febreze
3. Dishes – Empty the dishwasher and make sure the sink is clear
4. Empty garbage of all paraphernalia (anything you don’t want them to see)
5. Ask your roommate to lock their door and not come out, like all weekend.
Now how do you keep your darling parents entertained all weekend? Well here are some ideas to keep even the cringiest of parents out of your way:
Take them to Fonthill: apple season is upon us and what better time to see the fall colours and drink some freshly-pressed cider? William’s Orchard located in Foothill is the perfect location to enjoy nature’s beauty while keeping your parents entertained.
If they decide stick around a little bit longer, head down to Clifton hill to see all the magnificent tourist attractions Niagara Falls has to offer. Wander for hours through the many museums, shops, and midways. When the fun has overcome you take a nice leisurely stroll down to the Falls and bask in the majesties of the one of the seven wonders of the world.
Now, if that doesn’t drive them to exhaustion, it’s time to bring in the big guns! Finish your weekend off with a visit to Wayne Gretzky winery. Sample some of Niagara’s finest grapes while enjoying a leisurely skate on their full-sized outdoor rink right in our own town of Niagara on the Lake.
Written by: Riley Chachulski
Your NCSAC student marketing coordinator NOTL